Sunday, December 21, 2008

greg & amanda: engaged.

Meet Greg and Amanda! These two will be getting married in just a few short weeks in January and it's going to be a wonderful day complete with our groom in full Scottish attire...kilt and all! I can't wait! This will be a first experience for me as a wedding photographer and I'm so excited to take the photos for these two! Amanda is also in the family...we'll just call her a cousin because my dad and her mom are cousins, that makes us cousins at least right?! And I couldn't write this withought mention of one of our Christmas traditions from my childhood, where the entire family, extended and then some, would gather on Christmas Eve at my Aunt Chig and Uncle Earl's house. We LOVE Aunt Chig and Uncle Earl and they were everyone's favorite! When I was a kid, it felt like the drive to their house was FOREVER and we just knew Santa wouldn't stop at our house if no one was home, so we always begged our parents to leave early. Now that I'm older, the drive is literally a mere 25 minutes from my house and I know Santa will still make the stop to my house, regardless if I'm home or not! I remember Amanda and her older brother, Richard, who we all called (don't kill me Richard!) little Richie! They were so cute, and both younger than me, but I totally remember them as these two little giggly smiley kids! And to top it off, one of my most horrific Christmas mornings ever, came from little Richie! Hey you guys may not remember this, but Richard had the chicken pox one of those Christmas Eve's at Aunt Chig's house, and the next morning, I was greeted with big bright rosy cheeks, and later that day, I came down with the same spots and spent the next good week trying to keep my hands off of them! See, such strong ties we have to the Brown family and you guys probably didn't even know it! I'll never forget that Christmas either, and we actually have a little photo of all of us kids, and there's little Richard, and myself, both with the big bright red cheeks! We don't do those Christmas Eve's anymore, but I promise not one passes by where we didn't wish we were sitting in the middle of Aunt Chig's living room, with the entire dinner table full of food, fudge and divinity and that cheese dip in the kitchen, getting ready to do the gift exchange, and listening to my Grandma, aunt Chig and Aunt Mim cackling with laughter, and my dad and Papaw's lovely dirty jokes. Those were serisously the days!

So that's the little Amanda I remember, all cute and running circles around us as a toddler and little girl. And now she's all grow up and beautiful with her dad's eyes and her mom's smile. And now I'm lucky enough to be able to photograph her and Greg and can I just say that these two had me in tears cracking up the entire time of the photo shoot! It was nice and cold, Amanda in her heels, and Greg, oh Greg! You crack me up! That's all I'm saying! You are entirely too funny for words! I can't wait for the wedding!