Tuesday, July 28, 2009

nick & katie: married.

**click on the shopping cart (below the pictures, in the black slideshow box) and click on Nick and Katies's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**

Nick and Katie were married at the Columbia Club just a few short weeks ago. The day was filled with a tons of emotion, laughter and smiles. Our bride wore the most gorgeous flowing gown with an adorable hair accessory that I couldn't get enough photos of! Nick and his groomsmen, and the lovely grooms-woman, all wore pin stripes with pink ties. Katie had all of the details in line for a perfect afternoon wedding.

I have to tell you my favorite part of the wedding. I had been over on Nick's side as the ceremony was taking place, getting some nice photos of Katie's expressions, and then I made my way over to Katie's side to capture Nick. As I made my way down that outside isle, I heard a guest lean over and say, "Nick is going to cry," followed by, "He loves her so much." I smiled behind my camera because they really are so much in love and I just wanted to show that emotion through their photos. Sure enough, as Nick turned to Katie, a couple of tears rolled down Nick's face, but this wasn't my favorite part of the day. As I started snapping photos, Katie took her hand to Nick's face, and as he smiled through the tears, she wiped them away. This was my favorite part of the entire day and quite possibly one of my favorite moments of any of my weddings.

Katie, I still remember you walking up to chat with me at that bridal show way back in September. I loved your smile, how genuine you were, and you were so excited to talk about your wedding. As we had exchanged emails throughout the following months, I grew more and more excited to finally meet this Nick of yours, and photograph the wedding! I agree with that guest at your wedding, Nick does love you so much, and it's evident in the way he makes you smile. Nick and Katie, you truly were an awesome couple to work alongside on your wedding day. You are both truly beautiful inside and out and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Thank you for some beautiful moments to photograph and enjoy your photos!