Saturday, September 11, 2010

chad & michelle: married. (part one.)

**click HERE and click on Chad & Michelle's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**

It still almost feels like we all just got together for a really great party. And then I see these pictures, and I realize that our little Chad, really did get married to the girl of his dreams! I always tell everyone that it's so tough to photograph really good friends. And when it's their wedding, the pressure is on! And when you've photographed not one, but both of the groom's sister's wedding, the pressure really starts to build up. And when you've photographed the bride's brother's wedding--well, you can just imagine how I was feeling as I left my house the day of this wedding. Ah. Big huge breathe, and I was on my way. The second I picked up my camera, I was back to normal. And when I found Chad and his friends downtown getting their straight razor shave--well, it was almost just another day!

One of the things that I've always loved about Chad is his overwhelming ability to make you feel like part of the crowd. If you opened the encyclopedia, under 'friend', you would see Chad, with his big cheesy grin. And then you would push the 'play' button, cause you know, this is my world and in my encyclopedia, you can push play. You would hear that laugh he is famous for. Or the wheeze. Which we all know Chad pulls out when he's really laughing. And then you would thank your lucky stars you can call yourself a friend of Chad's!

Now, Michelle. Remember that time, long long ago when I was in need of some 'pictures' for my career startup. I needed a stunning girl, in a wedding dress and you being the wonderful friend that you are, you came to my rescue! White dress and all! I am thinking about these pictures and I still immediately think of Taylor, you, Becky and the horse! My favorite, and Taylor will agree, was the one of you and Becky, running off into the sunset, holding hands and all! IN YOUR BIG WHITE POOFY WEDDING DRESSES! What on earth would posses me to actually take a picture of that, well, is beyond me! I think Taylor should blow THAT up in a huge frame for Chad's next birthday! It still makes me laugh hysterically just thinking about that day. Aren't you glad those poor little pictures never made it to the internet?! Oh, and I PROMISE they never will!

When I think of these funny times, it's blatantly obvious how perfect you two are for each other. I love your little idiosyncrasies that make you guys 'ChadandMichelle'. I remember when Chad would wish on every star in the sky that God would send him a girl. Just a girl. But not just any girl. One that he could fall so in love with, that even a guy who 'doesn't dance', would dance with. Michelle, only a year ago, I was with Chad at his sister's wedding in Tennessee, and the dance floor was packed. And there, to the side of the wall, and away from the crowd sat Chad. Non dancing of course. I don't think it was really the dancing part at the heart of issue, but more the lack of someone to dance with. Well Chad. You've finally got your dance partner and I can't imagine a more perfect person.

Thank you both for being great friends (and fake brides!) over the years. Your friendship really means the world to me and a ton of others will agree with me! Even if you never dance again Chad, I've got proof that you danced with a hot girl at least once in your life...and her name is Michelle! Love you both! Enjoy your photos!

Let's kick things off with a few of these beautiful details! My lovely friends/wedding planners and florists, Amy and Laurie with An Affair With Flair, made the day absolutely gorgeous! Special thanks to my good friend Suni, of Suni Danielle Photography, who braved the 900 degree heat for this scorcher of a wedding! Wedding took place at Heartland Crossing Golf Links in Camby, In.






























































***I couldn't end without a little hello to 4 of my very favorite couple's I've ever worked with! Thank you all for entrusting me with you wedding photography! It's been great to see some of you grow into families and I'm excited to see where life takes you all! You guys will always have a special place in my heart. Thanks for that!

*Robert and Melanie:

*Anthony & Liz:

*Wayne & Kristin:

*Josh & Jennifer:

www.bodellphotographyonline.com