Wednesday, September 22, 2010

evan & lindsey: married.

**click HERE and click on Evan & Lindsey's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**

He wore aviators. Hers her heart shaped. She planned the wedding. He picked out the napkins. He had the upper hand. She got him to dance...

My story with Lindsey and Evan goes back to one of my famous trips to Starbucks where I sat with Lindsey's brother Brandon, and his then fiance Amy. As we wrapped up our conversation about their wedding, Brandon informs me that his sister was also engaged and needing a photographer. Before I knew it, I was photographing engagement pictures in front of Lucas Oil Stadium where Evan stood awestruck. This was where I first got to see how these two made each other so entirely happy!

And so a year later, Brandon and Amy are married, and I find myself sitting with Evan and Lindsey finalizing our plans for their wedding. Lindsey told me she wanted her photos to be full of fun and I was thrilled that the two of them had come up with a few props for the day. I was in love with the heart shaped glasses for the ladies. The energy of this wedding party was on high gear and they were such a fun group to be with for the day!

I loved everything about this wedding. The colors were bright and the flowers and details were all so perfect. Probably my personal favorite thing about this wedding, happened during their reception at the Palomino Ballroom in Zionsville. Lindsey's dad was first to talk. I know I've said this so many times before, but I'm taking all those back, and I'm raising the bar! THIS was BY FAR, the best speech I have ever heard. Lindsey's dad had the entire room rolling, and it was hard to keep my camera still! I loved that he talked about how these two met, how he has witnessed their love grow and all the other little lovey-dovey things he had to say. I love that he talked about how she planned their wedding, and Evan's big decision maker was the napkin color! Which I believe you totally nailed Evan! He talked about how when you have two weddings in the same family, in the same year, his wife got to have a new kitchen! The expressions we got from Lindsey and Evan, made for some of my favorite moments of the day!

And of course the best man, and the maid of honor got to have their hand at the microphone too. Both were equally as funny and made my job insanely easy to capture all the laughing!

So Lindsey. Evan. I am so incredibly happy for you both! I had an awesome time again with you and I'm feeling kinda like the long lost Winter sister! I may have to come for Christmas so I can see the new kitchen! I remember at your brother's wedding Lindsey, that Evan swore he would NOT be dancing at your wedding. I'm not sure if you had anything to with it, but Evan, you've got some skills on the dance floor! And your first dance, was magical. One of my favorite shots of the day--you're belting out the words to your song, and I got the picture! It's priceless! Evan, I'll be cheering a little harder this year for the Colts. Just for you! And I'll likely think of you both every time I drive pass Lucas Oil. I wish you both every bit of happiness! Your wedding was a blast! Enjoy your photos!






















































www.bodellphotographyonline.com