Wednesday, June 18, 2008

bowl of cherries.

What would this world be without my most favorite assistant in the world! She is fabulous in every sense of the word, and well, come on, she gets it honest! She is after my niece. I've been toting Cyli around to my shoots for awhile now and I'll hand off my cameras to her to switch lenses or change films. When I least expect it I find her holding the camera to her face with that one eye closed to the world, and later when I'm at home sorting through the images, I am surprised to find such exquisite images! It's not unusual for me to be completely jealous over her picture taking. So it's time she gets the credit that is so deserving upon her...I'll be posting her pictures as the header of the blog with each event she shoots with me. And when you are all admiring her work, just remember, she's only a freshman in high school, I can't wait to see what she's like when she's my age! Until then, I'll just keep on remembering those days at the farm when I would push her fire engine red airplane swing from the towering maple tree, shouting our version of "life is just a big bowl of ... cherries," from the top of our lungs. I love you Cyli!

Cyli will be off to our church's annual youth summer camp CDYC (www.cdyconline.org) next week and she will be entering one of these prints for competition...we aren't sure which one yet, what do you think? We love comments!