Tuesday, June 17, 2008

girlfriend and vito.

Alright miss Alicia! Here are your utterly FABULUOS children simply hamming it up for the camera!

Oh where do I begin! It was fathers day on Sunday and since I had spent Friday with my Dad, I was free to photograph Danny and Alicia's engagement session. Through several emails I was soon informed of these most precious little kids of theirs....

Allow me to introduce Kaya and Vito. (and I do hope I'm spelling those both right!) Vito is the handsome little brown baby on the right, and Kaya is the rather hefty oh so happy girly on the left. Now, once we arrived and let them off their leashes, Kaya and Vito were free to roam about and play. Very VERY funny story, allow me,...so there we were at the IMA in a grassy area, I was sprawled out on the ground, camera immersed in the grass. My subjects, the lovely Alicia, the striking Danny, a Vito, and a Kaya, proudly meandering in the grass a few feet in front of me. And Sarah, Alicia's dear mom, was watching from the sidelines. I was about to snap off a few of my famed portraits when suddenly from afar...oh yes folks, another dog! Now when I saw these rather round little doggies I never would have dreamed they could run, let alone run FAST. And I couldn't stop laughing and nearly peed my pants! Both dogs went shooting off like a bullet toward that dog! Poor Danny and Alicia and her mom all tried to stop them, but these little guys are fierce! And they slipped out of their hands like a greased ol pig! You know I was about to die!!! It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! The thing is that Vito and Kaya would never have hurt that little preppy "city" doggie, but his mommy was scared to pieces and grabbed that doggie up and they jetted! THAT was even more funny! Even more hilarious, the entire time, Alicia and Danny would both yell, "VITO", and "GIRLFRIEND"...too funny...that's what they call Kaya!

I sincerely fell in love with these two, oh and Alicia and Danny too! And I hope that after a practice run or two, that Girlfriend and Vito make a successful trip down the isle at the wedding! I bet if we found that other dog, and stuck him at the front...! You'll have to wait a few more weeks to hear that story!

More actual engagement photos will come later...I need a minute after all that!