Thursday, October 2, 2008

homecoming princess.

Most of you know, (if you follow my blog-o-rooski) that my niece is my assistant and I think the world of her! She's the famouse Number 30 of the soccer chronicles, and apparently now she's the famed homecoming princess nominee for tomorrow night's homecoming events! I personally think she's got the win in the bag, but during halftime of the game on Friday night, they'll announce the princess and queen. Okay, so the first thing that came to my mind when she came home from school one day to tell us all this, 'WE get to be in the parade?!' Holla! Not only does our town throw an ellaborate homecomming celebration, we do the parade through town and it's fabulous and it's loud and for 15 minutes you get to relish in the fact that you were once that high school kid who couldn't wait for homecoming. So tomorrow night, I'll be fixing beautiful hair and getting my niece all ready for her stroll down Indianapolis street in the convertible where she'll get to play fame for a short while. I love her to the moon and back, across the football field and everything else in between! We'll let you know the outcome! ...Meanwhile, I'll keep humming the tune to, 'Here she is...Miss America...' in my mind...

**sidenote** I'm not sure who the credit goes to for the picture, it was in the Mooresville Times paper.