Saturday, June 5, 2010

jeff & brittany: married.

The night before the wedding, I was scouring the drugstores and any all night shopping establishment I could get my hands on! It was literally pouring down outside and I was beyond soaked! That wonderful Indiana weather was calling for rain all throughout the night and the next day, and I refused to let it ruin my Brittany's day! This is after all, my "New York" bride, the one whom I would just throw myself on the ground before I'd let her ruin her heels in the mud for! It was the night before the wedding, and I was on a mission searching for the most perfect umbrella I could find. It didn't matter that the weather man might be wrong, or that it just may clear up. It's Indiana, it was late spring, and all I knew was I was getting rained on, and I needed a perfect wedding umbrella for my New Yorker Brittany!

After about 4 stores and a couple hours later, there it was like a little light at the end of a tunnel. I nearly freaked out right there in the store to the only man visible in the place who was cleaning the floors! I first saw the handle, thought to myself, how cute is this? Then, like any kid in a candy store would, I pushed that button that you aren't supposed to "inside", and it went up like a flippin shooting star! People, it was the most fabulous little clear, BUBBLE umbrella! Again, I was excited, only this time, the floor man was sharing my joy! You see, I was completely dripping at this point, and he had no clue who Brittany was! It didn't matter, I paid my $12 bucks, jumped for joy as I ran out of the store to save the day--Just in case it happened to rain!

Here's the most adorable part. You see, being that my dear bride Brittany was from New York, she and Jeff and I had only met once back in December while they were home for the holidays. I still get those crazy nerves upon meeting anyone new, client or otherwise, but after about, oh, 3 minutes I would say, I knew we were on the same wavelength! The even better part--When I showed up for the wedding the next day, Brittany was excited to show me the most adorable little things she had found the day before also. You know. Just in case it happened to rain. These were for the bridesmaids. Because she didn't want them to ruin their hair and get poured on! There they were, 6 perfectly plastic, clear, BUBBLE umbrellas! It's why I love her!

And yes, I just rambled on for a good 3 paragraphs about a little rain protector, but I just love these two and I wanted everything so spot on for them! Jeff and Brittany, I can't begin to tell you what a seriously great time we had with you and the family and your huge bunch of friends! Your families are lucky to be gaining you both! I've never been so worried about the rain possibilities in my life, but I think it was totally worth it! I would probably do it for anyone, but I just knew your hair, your dress, the shoes, they would all be perfect and we just couldn't risk a single drop of rain! It's just cause you're from New York and all I can't help it! Jeff--Brittany cracks me up and I know she loves you to pieces. I can see it in all of these pictures. And Brittany, it's been a great ride! I'll miss your notes from the dentist's office! Thanks again for sharing your day with us! Here a few of my favorites from the day! Enjoy your photos...and stay out of the rain!












































http://www.bodellphotographyonline.com/