Sunday, June 20, 2010

surprise: it's father's day.

A few weeks ago I received a call from a friend that I don't get to see too often, and she told me that her sister and her niece were coming out to visit. She wanted to do something nice and extra special for them, so she called me up to come and spend the day with them at the zoo! I was super excited since I hadn't been to our zoo in years, and I thought the photos would just have endless possibilities! Because school had not let out yet for the summer, we expected the entire place to practically be empty...Boy were we in for a surprise when it was tough to even find a parking spot! I think every school in the city was there and kids were everywhere!

Crowded or not, little Rachel looked adorable with her cute pigtails and her soft smile. We set out to see the butterfly exhibit where I'm not too sure Rachel thought the little butterflies were as delicate as they were! She was really too cute and a little nervous if they flew too close to her! We went on to check out the polar bears, the tigers and the monkeys and with a little help from a few m&m's here and there, we were able to get some really great photos and moments with her mom and her aunt Nora! Debbie, I just love a good prepared mom who's willing to throw out chocolate to get a great expression!

And so it's father's day, and these photos were going to be a surprise for Rachel's dad! I wanted to wait until now to share some of my favorite photos from the day. I hope whatever you and your dad are doing today Rachel, that he loves these photos as much as I do! Surprise to your dad and happy father's day to him! He is lucky to have such a cute little girl. Perhaps he'll have to get you another bag of those tasty m&m's you love so much!

To Rachel's dad, and to my dad I say "Happy father's day!" I hope it's filled with tons of love and laughs as you spend the day with your dad's out there. I'm lucky to happen to have the best dad in the entire world. Although I'll bet money that little Rachel thinks her dad is the best in the entire world. I suppose I can share that title with her today!