Wednesday, September 17, 2008

tommy & emily: married.

**click on the shopping cart (below the pictures, in the black box) and click on Tommy and Emily's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**

PART ONE: A few years ago I recall talking to my mom about her new neighbors next door. Growing up on a farm without neighbors, we weren't sure exactly the relationships they could begin to bring about. While my mom had met and spoken to several of the other neighbors while grabbing the mail or just being out in the yard, she had never had that real neighborly feeling we always used to think came from having such people living next to you. That was until Carolyn and Lou moved in. I'm still not quite sure exactly how this God given friendship formed, but I thank Him for bringing such caring and giving people into my mom's life. These new neighbors soon filled that 'neighborly feeling' my mom had always spoken about, and I can honestly say they are more than neighbors to my mom. Carolyn and Lou, I'm so thankful for you both and for being so completely giving of yourselves and your time and energy into just being neighbors to my mom. You may not know the impact that you have on just 'being' someone next door. Your energy and warmth is contagious Carolyn and I really appreciate you taking the time to get to know my mom...

PART TWO:...So at sometime it was only natural that I meet this infamous Carolyn and when I did, it was easy to see how my mom thought she was so much fun! And later she learned that I was a wedding photographer, and soon after that, the gorgeous Emily entered the picture. I had heard so much about her, but it was not until sometime after my sister got married in December, that I had the opportunity to meet this Emily, and her fiance Tommy. I still remember them all coming over one evening to my mom's house...they braved the 25 foot distance through the grasses that lay between my mom's house and theirs, and entered the house, where I believe Emily and Tommy and I all sat on the floor and we passed around my sister's album and watched her slideshow I had made. I remember thinking, these two would be so fun to photograph...Emily would talk, and Tommy would just stare at her, so intune to what she was saying. Every word she spoke was so important to him. And they would smile at each other in just such a way that you just knew they were so perfect for each other.

And over the past few months and through this entire experience, I have grown to understand the reasons's why mom thinks the world of her neighbors. I myself have even the privelage to remove 'neighbor' from my vocabulary, and replace it with 'friend'...or Thelma...or Louise...I'm not sure which one I get to be!...But these are the times I am so thankful to be doing this work. To be in a position to meet new friends, and to hang on to those friendships and to be able to photograph such events that are so life changing in people's lives.

It was such an honor to photograph this wedding. You may not know it Emily, but your wedding was as close as my own sister's wedding that I photographed as well. The day was so important to me because I knew that it was so important to your parents, and they knew how important it was for you and for Tommy. I didn't sleep much the night before, and had monstorous butterflies that morning too! You and Tommy were just too much fun to be around the entire day. Thanks for allowing me to hall furniture outside and for putting up with my camera in your face for awhile. I loved how your ceremony and parts of your reception brought back some of those looks that I first remembered you giving each other while we sat on my mom's floor the day we met. So adorable. Thank you for allowing me to be a part and do what I do best, and document your day. You both have such great families...I've NEVER seen a dancefloor so full and roudy!!! Man can you guys put Dancing With The Stars to shame! Tommy, I can't thank your parents enough, especially your mom, for the beautiful rehearsal dinner that I'm sure she worked so hard making it just right for the evening. Every detail was wonderfully in place and it was great to stand back and watch your families interact with each other while I photographed. I appreciate you allowing me to be a part and I even got my own place card! Hooray!

And Emily, I can't leave this story without adding this....I think your eyes are just BEAUTIFUL...and Dodie, darling you know I LOVE YOU...but I think you put our dear friend Jean to shame! Your video work girl was phenominal! hahaha

**Tommy and Emily, I wish you both everything in life...call me when you get small children...**

































**I have now had the pleasure of photographing Doug and Dodie, and Tommy and Emily...you and your friends are all so much fun and you all keep me laughing! I only hope to be able to do it all again one day!