Monday, September 8, 2008

danny & alicia: married.

It was somewhere just after Alicia made her stroll down the isle wih her dad to her right, and the releasing of her to her Danny. She had made it to the front of the church with many tears, and now she was standing next to her soon to be husband. I stayed a moment in my seat with camera close to my eyes, near the front of the sanctuary, then headed to the back to switch lenses and continue with my shooting. It was at that moment that I saw my sister, who I had brought along for assisting that day. She was crying and for a second I almost thought she was laughing, and I quietly snapped my finger at her and said, "oh would you get it together!"...She was indeed crying. But as she wiped away a couple more tears and I was in mid lens switch, she whispered, "it's not because it's sad, it's because of the DOGS!!!"

Now people, anyone who knows me, knows how much I don't just like animals, but I LOVE them, each and every one. The chubbier the furrier the better! Oh how I could just squeeze and squeeze them and love them to pieces!

You might remember Danny & Alicia from this post: http://bodellphotography.blogspot.com/2008/06/girlfriend-and-vito.html or this post: http://bodellphotography.blogspot.com/2008/06/danny-alicia-in-love.html. It should come as no surprise that these two cherish their rolly polly babies, even if they come with waggy tails, small ears, big tongues, and 4 legs. Vito and Kaya are just beyond words in the cute department! It should come as no surprise that these two should make an appearance during the ceremony. After all, isn't it completely important to have your nearest and dearest accompany you at the most important day in your lives!

So back to my sister crying, just before Alicia made her treck to the front where Danny was waiting her, Vito and Kaya were ushered in and made a loop down the isle, and up through another one, where they quietly exited, making sure not to cause such a large scene. Who knew they would have such an impact on a wedding day! Who knew they would make the guests tear up and the assistant to the wedding photographer laugh so hard she cried! It goes down as one of my most memorable ceremony moments ever!

Vito and Kaya, and Alicia and Danny, you all will NEVER be forgotten! I love love LOVE you all and am so glad we have become more than just clients and vendors during this entire process. I love that you cried upon seeing Danny for the first time, Alicia, and I love how you reached over to touch her hair for a second, while we were taking pictures, Danny. You both are so perfectly made for each other and I am honored to have shared such moments on your wedding day. Continue making each other laugh, and don't forget to keep me updated on your 4 legged kids! I'm gonna have to add them to the Christmas card list! I wish you all the love in the world! Enjoy your photos!

**click on the shopping cart (below the pictures, in the black box) and click on Danny and Alicia's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**