Tuesday, November 3, 2009

shane & becca: married.

I've known Rebecca since before kindergarten and I can't remember a time in our lives where we have talked about what we would do if the time ever came for either of us to plan a wedding. I don't remember going through bridal magazines and wishing we were the girls in the pages. Still, she was never the girl who went on and on about being the one who would "never get married", whenever any of our friends would tie the knot. It still seems surreal when I got that phone call that she had met the one, and the details and plans just seemed to fly together, like she had just known all along. Like somehow, this was just how it was going to be. And everything would fall into place perfectly.

She wanted everyone to wear white and it was one of the coldest fall afternoons. Even though her family and closest friends were bundled up with blankets and scarves and gloves, they were willing to bear through the cold to witness one the truest forms of love between two people as they shared their vows and promises to each other. You could almost hear the chattering of teeth it was that cold, but when Shane and Becca began to walk up the hill, I swear the sun came out if for only a few minutes to warm everyone up. She wanted everyone to wear white, and she wanted to get married on that hilltop, and as their friends and family spoke about them, no one seemed to notice the cold. The entire moment was so completely Becca and I almost though for a moment, she must have been thinking about this moment her entire life.

Rebecca, I truly can't express how happy I am for you to have met the person that you want to grow old with. I can imagine you both sitting on the front porch staring into the world with a tall glass of ice tea that you let sit in the sun until the perfect color was achieved. I imagine Shane looking over at you, smiling, doing that little chuckle of a laugh that he does, and you, looking back at him, with those big blue eyes as you smile back. I wish you tons of those front porch sitting moments together. Thank you both for allowing my nerves to get the best of me while I photographed the ceremony. I can't imagine being anywhere else that day! I love you Becca and Shane, I'm excited to get to know you more! Enjoy your photos!