Tuesday, July 29, 2008

kris & jennifer: married.

Somewhere between check-in at the hotel and Kris's dad's speech at the reception...I fell in love with this wedding and these two people. When I arrived at the church and first met Jennifer, she wrapped her arms around me and said, "I'm just gonna love on you for a minute." She was this little ball of energy and she just hugged and hugged me! We came all the way to a small town in West Virginia to photograph her and Kris on this hot little humid afternoon and we were in for a fabulous day filled with emotion, and I loved every minute of it.

With many MANY thanks to the lovely and beautiful Allison, sister of the groom and owner of Tuxedos by Allison, (visit her at www.tuxedosbyallison.com here in Indianapolis and tell her Darci sent you!) we had a ceremony full of men in black..with fuscia accents of course! Kris's suit jacket was adorned with a yellow rose in honor of his grandmother and Jennifer was stunning from the strappy heels on her feet to the 3 pairs of diamonds in her ears. I loved that Kris and Jen's daughter Riley would have nothing to do with walking down the isle playing the role of flower girl, and as she and her dad and grandfather began the descent down the isle, Jen's dad was also carrying little Riley. Just adorable. At the reception, several speeches were made and when you get the photographer crying you know your good! I couldn't help but let a couple tears slip as well when the first dances began.

So somewhere between Kris's dad and his "oops my spender just broke" speech, and the father daughter dance, I didn't know if I should laugh hysterically or cry a river or both! I just loved the realness and the warmth of your families Kris and Jen, and you both made me feel right at home in West Virginia. I loved spending the day with you and your families and friends. Thank you both for letting me crash your state and shoot your wedding! I have the best stories to tell and we have beautiful photos to share! I wish you all the best!

**click on the shopping cart (below the pictures in the black box) and click on Kris and Jennifer's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**