Wednesday, August 6, 2008

doug & dodie: married.

I still remember the day that I met Dodie and her mom. They walked up to me at a bridal show and Dodie had the cutest little purse. Of course it said something along the lines of "bride to be" and it was all stylish chocolate brown and light pink. Darling was an understatement. If I were getting married, I would have to have one too. So of course I loved her from the second she and her mom started talking and we set up an appointment to get together. Later that day a neighbor walked through and she too is getting married in September, and she was also with her wonderful mom whom I just love. (Stay tuned for that wedding: Tommy & Emily.) And after a second or two of all this excitement, I realized Dodie was talking with Emily...Her mom was talking to Emily's mom...and then it hit me...they're all friends and in fact Emily had told her to stop by my booth and say hi. It just took me a couple of minutes to figure all of that out! They are both in each others wedding...so you may see more of Dodie in September.

And when I finally met Doug later in the week, I knew this would be a wedding that I would really look forward to. It was just too sweet how Doug would look at her with her big puppy dog brown eyes, as they discussed the details of this wedding day that was sooo far off in the distance. Dodie was just so adorable with her ideas of a perfect wedding and Doug was right there to make it all happen for her, just like she imagined.

So even though this has taken me a couple of days to get your slideshow and pictures up...I may have gone a little overboard considering that I just really REALLY loved your pictures...and even though we had to battle what seemed like 100+ degrees for pictures outside, I think it was all worth it. Dodie you were perfectly exquisite in your dress that I still can't get enough of! Beautiful! And Doug and the guys all worked the suits and your pictures are smokin! Those blow up guitars and the little routine that was performed during the reception still has me laughing! It was histerical! And I'm not kidding...Hands DOWN, those were some of the best speaches I've EVER heard! The top 10 idea was perfect! So I wish you all the best and thank you thank you thank you for a wonderful day and for letting me share in your laughs and more laughs! You guys are truly the best! ***Check out your slideshow at the bottom of the lengthy list of my favorite shots of the day.

**click on the shopping cart (below the pictures, in the black box) and click on Doug and Dodie's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**