Saturday, September 19, 2009

shane & paula: reception.

**click HERE and click on Shane and Paula's last names to view and order photos from the wedding**

It all started in a restroom. Paula was a bridesmaid in Jamie's wedding way back in January, and she grabbed me for a quick second to chat. I'm not even sure if Paula remembers this...or if Shane knows...and hopefully I'm alright telling this cute little story! Paula was all smiles as she began to tell me about this tall, dark and handsome guy she had met, fallen in love with, and was just patiently waiting for him to propose! We talked briefly about possibilities of photographing when this wedding that would take place. Of course I agreed and we both got all excited because that's what I do! I always get beyond excited for news of people in love! So soon after while meeting Jamie again to deliver her albums, we spoke briefly again about Paula. It turns out that Shane had prepared a proposal and it was actually going to happen soon! Jamie was SO cute because she knew a little bit about it, but couldn't ruin the surprise for Paula! I remember sitting with Jamie then in Panera and getting all giddy that Paula was going to soon be engaged!

About a month or so after that last time I saw Jamie, Paula phoned me. The rest, is shall we say, history! The two, along with a few family members and close friends, actually flew to Hawaii for the wedding ceremony in July, but brought in the whole gang to her parents home in Evansville for the fantastic reception a few weeks ago. I know we MAY have had a trickle or two of rain...ok, so it was a downpour, but you NEVER would have known it with these two and their friends and family! I think everyone would agree that it was an awesome party and a great time to spend with each other. Several people even thought that since they were married in such a tropical place, that they were just bringing back a little bit of that rainy tropical feel for their friends!

Although we didn't get to travel with Shane and Paula to Hawaii, I know they had some awesome photos from the ceremony and I was happy to be able to be a part of the reception. It's always some of my favorite parts of a wedding, grabbing candids of the guests at the party. I hope these photos tell your story and showcase the fun that I know you both had, and the great time that all of your friends and family shared with you! Thank you both for welcoming me into your parents home, for all the warm smiles and hugs, and a ton of laughter! Paula, you're beautiful inside and out and everything you mentioned about Shane when we had talked earlier, was true! You both are lucky to have each other and I wish you tons of happiness! I hope you think back to the fun you had at your reception, every time it rains!