Thursday, May 10, 2012

mike. brittany: married.

Mike and Brittany are two of the kindest, sweetest people I have had the opportunity to work with. Several months ago when I sat with Brittany as she told me the vision for her wedding--I was on pins and needles! She and her mom told me about the amazing little details that they were going to put together that would set the tone and make the day something perfect. I listened as Brittany told me about Mike in between smiles that were so big she could hardly speak! And when I finally got to meet this Mike of hers, I could completely understand. It was all Mike could do to talk about Brittany as his smile was so big too! Clearly they were in love, but this wedding--THIS barn wedding-- was going to be amazing as they had all explained!

Clearly we set high hopes for this wedding. I knew it was going to be amazing. They knew it was going to be awesome in every way! And naturally, as their Saturday set in, God had his way of showing He was going to make a little appearance too! The clouds rolled in as Brittany and her bridesmaids got ready for the day. And sure enough, a few raindrops led to a total downpour. So what if it rained on our perfect day! Brittany was not going to let anything stand in the way of her special little details, and her handsome soon to be groom. Her dress--after all. TOTALLY perfect. Her bridesmaids. Completely gorgeous in their non-matching dresses and boots. Our groom? Well, Mike didn't disappoint one bit. Jeans in town, he stood waiting patiently as Brittany made her way down the isle to him. So it wasn't outdoors as planned. But we were still in our barn! We were still excited and Brittany and Mike were still the couple of perfection.

I can't say enough wonderful things about the two of them, their family and their friends. I thank you all for making me feel so welcome among you all! I thank you all for your incredible support of my bride who didn't even mind one bit that her dress was NOT staying white at the bottom! And after the rain just kept on rolling in, I thank you all for your helping our couple keep those incredible smiles on their faces. Something I'm not too sure many of my couples would be able to handle, but Brittany and Mike dealt with this rainy day the best they could. After all, as they say, a little rain is good luck on your wedding day. Well Brittany! As luck would have it, I'm thinking you and Mike are GOOD to go!!! You are lucky lucky lucky! I dearly love you both, thanks again for everything and being so wonderful to spend your wedding "weekend" with you! Enjoy your photos...oh, and there are a bunch of detail shots, but dang--you and your mom worked hard on everything, I wanted to show it all off!