Tuesday, May 17, 2011

dave. courtney. ella: family.

This is Ella and her mom and dad, Dave and the lovely Courtney! We had planned this session right down to the outfit colors and the bubbles and sucker and I think Courtney pulled it all together beautifully! From the second little Ella got out of their car, I could have scooped her up and put her in my camera bag! She's such a cute little thing, complete with her blonde curls, her huge smile, big blue eyes, and a voice that could just melt you! Cute doesn't even begin to cut it, she's darling!

I've been so lucky lately to meet and spend time with such great families and it's been amazing to share in their stories. Hands down though, my favorite moment lately has been with this family! I don't have kids of my own, but if I did, I hope I can be half the mom that Courtney is! We were ready to bust out a couple of her fun props that they brought along, and she pulled out a humongous, big colorful sucker. It was probably the size of Ella's face! She handed it to Dave to rip off the packaging and we all stood around waiting to throw it in our photos. Amost the exact second all the plastic was pulled off, it happened. Like slow motion. Like glass hitting the pavement. That huge sucker slipped right out of Dave's hands, slammed on the ground and shattered into a MILLION pieces! In a matter of like one second--Ella started to cry! Just as I almost started to lose it myself (not that I was going to cry, but I couldn't believe what just happened!), Courtney whipped around to her bag of tricks. Her "mom" bag. She busted out ANOTHER sucker. Yeah, so it wasn't as huge as the first, but Ella immediately stoped crying, and took a huge chunk right out of it! I was laughing so hard, my eyes were watering and I could barely snap a photo to save my life!

Courtney. Like I said, amazing mom you are! And Dave, thanks for making me laugh. I know you felt horrible, and literally it could have happened to any of us! You both are awesome parents for having that situation right under control! So awesome! Thanks for humoring me, and thanks for being a gorgeous, sweet family to photograph. You made my weekend to say the least! I just love these photos so much...your Ella is a sweetie pie!  Oh...and I'm so coming in again for your AMAZING pizza...this time, I'll be sure to say hi!!!
www.bodellphotographyonline.com